Thursday, October 06, 2011

What Makes You Cry?


A number of things make my eyes tear up...

the death or the pending death of someone close to me -- parents, family, friends, pets or just a worthwhile and courageous person's story will do it. I can also get tearful at a movie. However, the ones with elegant endings that make all the negative factors into a beautiful finish will really do it.

Songs like, Moon River, Wind Beneath My Wings, You Raise Me Up... and all other emotionally written songs.

Books can cause tears -- Even sunsets and intensely beautiful natural experiences -- like seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time could bring me close to tears. Just thinking about the loss of childhood friends, ambitions, locations, and family can do it as can the lover that never quite became permanent.

Life's frustrations and injustices. however, usually bring out anger -- usually cold anger and resolve rather than tearful hot anger. I would probably be better off with the tears.

No comments:

Ajax CommentLuv Enabled 078c4c0cbc1e83019920e3dce1a1adc3