Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's almost Autumn...

Autumn is when people prepare the garden for the quiet sleep of winter and the rebirth of spring. Late autumn has always been one of the favorite times of the year. It's lovely seeing trees ablaze with color, followed by the thick carpet of fallen leaves on the ground. Also, it's lovely to feel the cold and crisp air, along with the earthy smell that is so prevalent right now.

When I was younger, I remember watching movies of kids who were tired and complained of boredom around this time of year, their mum and dad would send them out to rake the back garden. Strangely enough, I loved this chore but almost never managed to finish the job. About the time I would manage to get a pile of leaves together, one of my dogs would show up and we would end up jumping into the leaves and flinging armfuls of them at each other until the garden was once again cluttered.

I have to confess that I haven't jumped into piles of leaves for a long time, but my enjoyment of late autumn has never dissipated. I look for as many opportunities to get out into the autumn environment as I can because it makes me feel alive and renewed.

I hope you are enjoying the nice autumn days, spending time outside when you can. If you have the time, go away for a day to the countryside or a local park for a nice long walk or hike. Even if you can't devote a lot of time, take advantage of the changing season by taking a brisk walk in your neighborhood or at a local park.

Even though the weather may be getting cooler and the days shorter, that doesn't mean you can't partake in the beauty of the season, just don't forget your coat and scarf. Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Ajax CommentLuv Enabled 078c4c0cbc1e83019920e3dce1a1adc3